General Terms & Conditions
The term ‘BTYSTE’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website, BT Communications Ireland Limited whose registered office is Grand Canal Plaza, Upper Grand Canal Street, Dublin 4. Our company registration number is 141524. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Ireland.
BTYSTE Patron Terms & Conditions
• The competition is run by BT Communications Ireland Limited (“BT”) and is open to all Visitors to the portal who can collect points by registering as a User and clicking on and viewing YSTE stands and shows
• Visitors will obtain 100 points by registering as a User, and points can be collected at stands and shows by clicking on the related icon. Bonus points will also be offered intermittently on the portal.
• If a Visitor reaches 1000 points in a day, they will be automatically entered a daily draw for a prize (draw will take place at the end of each day). Visitors who reach 1000 points over the three days of the exhibition will be entered into a single draw that will take place on 19th January
• Points are reset at the end of each day and daily winners are excluded from remaining daily draws and the single draw.
• There are three prizes daily available to win in the daily draw – 1st (€500), 2nd (€350), 3rd (€150). The single draw prize is €1000. Prizes will be paid by EFT by the 31st January 2022.
• Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No prize alternatives are available.
BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition Limited Privacy Notice
What Information do we collect?
When you sign up to enter BT Young Scientist and Technology Exhibition Limited you have to provide us with some information about yourself. We need this information to create a profile for you to enter the exhibition. If you are a minor under the age of 18, you will need an adult to sign you up. You can do this by entering your details via the exhibition website https://btyoungscientist.com, or on the application system https://apply.btyoungscientist.ie/registration/.
We will ask you to give us the following information :
- Your name
- The name of the adult who is signing you up, and your name.
- How old you are and when you were born
- The name of your school
- If you are a girl or boy
- Your address
- If you have health issues which require special accessibility arrangements
Why do we need this information?
We use this information so that you can enter the BT Young Scientist and Technology Exhibition. If you don’t give us the correct information or ask us to delete it, we might not be able to complete registration.
If you tell us you have a health condition or need support, we’ll record it, but only if you give your permission or if we have to for legal or regulatory reasons. For example, if you told us that you needed wheelchair access, we would make special arrangements in conjunction with your teacher if you qualify for the exhibition.
We’ll use your information if we think it is in our legitimate business interests so that we can operate as an efficient and effective business.
We might have to release personal information about you to make sure that we are meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
How will your information be used?
We will use your information to administer and run the exhibition and keep you up to date on the progress of entries through the exhibition. We will not send you information from third parties or direct marketing without your permission.
We will ask whether you want to hear from us with exhibition updates and for the right to keep you information after the exhibition has closed
How long do we keep information for?
- We keep unsuccessful candidate information for 6 months from the official closing date of entries each year to allow for any queries.
- We keep details of finalists and exhibitors for up to 10 years as exhibitors each year become part of the alumni of BTYSTE (and we may be in contact with your permission as set out above), and details form historical data and record for the BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition. If however you would like us to delete your personal data at any stage, just let us know using the details here https://www.btireland.com/privacy
In other cases we’ll store personal information for the periods needed for the purposes for which the information was collected or for which it is to be further processed. And sometimes we’ll keep it for longer if we need to by law. Otherwise we delete or anonymise it so that you cannot be identified and it can no longer be associated with you.
Will BT Young Scientist Share your information with anyone else?
We also share parents, teachers and judges contact details with BT Plc for the purposes of email communications management. BT Plc remains responsible for the protection of your personal data.
We may disclose your personal data where the BT Plc is required to do so by law, for example for the prevention or detection of crime or the capture or prosecution of offenders.
We will also use social media including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, SnapChat, Flickr. YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram amongst others.
When we share your data outside BT, we will:
- Make sure that we do it securely
- Not allow other companies contact you with their own marketing.
Can I see what information you have about me?
You can contact us whenever you want about the information that we have about you. You can ask to see the information, delete it, change it or stop using it.
If you have any further questions or comments concerning your privacy, wish to access your personal data held about you, delete, or update information we hold about you, please contact us as set out here https://www.btireland.com/privacy